Since 1 January 2012 the Fleetstreet Theater Hamburg sets up together with the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, the Hamburgische Kulturstiftung and the Rudolf Augstein Stiftung a Residency Program for groups of artists working across all genres by means of performative arts, visual arts, film and/or music.
The Fleetstreet Residency Program is designed to support young groups which put up productions with reasonable means which is suitable for smaller theatres.
The artist groups have the possibility to work for a period of one month to six months at the Fleetstreet Theatre in Hamburg. If the group doesn´t live in Hamburg, a studio apartment (3 rooms, kitchen, bathroom) is provided and a cash grant for the group in the total amount of € 1000,00 per month will be paid. For all groups there is also the possibility to apply e.g. to the Hamburger Kulturstiftung and the Rudolf Augstein Stiftung for grants up to € 3000,00 with respect to the cost of execution and presentation of projects. This should be specified within the application and marked within the budget.
The awarding of Resident scholarships is decided by a jury, which currently consists of the following persons:
1. Anna Augstein, Vorstandsvorsitzende der Rudolf Augstein Stiftung
2. Elise von Bernstorff, Theaterwissenschaftlerin, freie Dramaturgin
3. Johanna Hülbusch, stellvertr. Geschäftsführung der Hamburgischen Kulturstiftung
4. Marie-Luise Tolle, Senatsdirektorin Kulturbehörde Hamburg
5. Andràs Siebold, Chefdramaturg Kampnagel
6. Hans Jochen Waitz, Vorstand Fleetstreet e.V.
The next time limit for applications expires on April 30th 2013.
On the basis of applications received the jury will grant residences for periods as from 1 Novembre 2013.